- Drivers require a D1 entitlement on their licence. All full UK licences issued before 1997 have this entitlement automatically.
- CD/Radio/Aux in Port
- Self Drive
Advice for Minibus Drivers:
17 seater minibuses require special considerations because the weight distribution of passengers and the high centre of gravity make them more difficult to control. When you’re behind the wheel, keep the following safety tips in mind.
- Be aware of how the minibus’s height and width impact upon its stability.
- Load and unload passengers in a safe place. Check doors to ensure they are closed.
- The driver and passengers must always use seat belts.
- Before setting off, check the position of the mirrors to ensure that they are adjusted properly for maximum vision.
- Use mirrors or spotters when merging or reversing to ensure adequate clearance.
- Allow longer stopping and following distances.
- Plan turns in advance to allow adequate space.
- Drive defensively and keep alert in order to respond quickly and safely to unexpected situations.
- Use extra caution when driving in bad weather conditions.
Making a lane change or merging into traffic can be challenging when driving any vehicle, but even more so with 9 – 17 seater minibuses.
- Create more space around the minibus by reducing or increasing speed.
- Signal intentions by engaging indicators early.
- Use the merge lane as intended and designed.
- Use the mirrors as needed.
- Yield the right-of-way, when necessary.
- Ask for passenger assistance, if needed, to verify manoeuvring for merging.
STOPPING AND FOLLOWING DISTANCES
- 9 – 17 seater minibuses weigh more and take longer to stop than a car, especially when loaded with passengers and/or equipment.
- Observe greater stopping distances when travelling in bad weather conditions.
- A three- to four-second following distance between the minibus and the vehicle in front of the minibus is a recommended minimum.
At A2B Van Hire, we expect you to follow all 9 – 17 seater minibus safety guidelines to ensure that you and your passengers arrive at your destination safely